Friday, January 23, 2009

Hooray Friday!

- New music:
  • The National, "So Far Around the Bend," Dark Was the Night (Feb 17th), Metro D
  • Bon Iver, "Bracket, WI," see above
  • Pete Yorn, "Shotgun" and "Sans Fear," TBD, I am fuel

- I haven't had a chance to grab Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion yet, but everytime I turn around there seems to be more and more hype about it out on the net. If you want to listen to their Bowery Ballroom show from the other night, head to Gorilla vs. Bear for a few tracks or nyctaper for the whole sha-bang.

- Listen to the Boss' new album Working on a Dream (Jan 27th) on NPR.

- Same site, different band. Lots of love's been swirling around about DeVotchKa and I just don't get it. I've given A Mad and Faithful Telling a few listens and it just ain't my bag. Listen to them live from the World Cafe in Philly.

No comments: