Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Pearl Jam - Verizon Center (6/22/08)

I needed this. My last few concerts experiences have been… well, average. Good music, boring crowd (the Raconteurs); Okay sound, hot as hell (DCFC); Never made it (Radiohead). So I was itching to get back on track and see a barn-burner of a show. Cue Pearl Jam. When you’re looking for a 25-30 song, 3 hour concert – these guys are as close as it comes to a sure thing.

A few cool notes:
- During “All Along the Watchtower”, Eddie brought a kid (early teens maybe?) up on stage and handed him his guitar so the kid could play with the band. Are you f-ing kidding me?? Talk about inspiration for this lucky little shit. Don’t be surprised if in 10-15 years you read an article about a kid who played with PJ at his first concert and it motivated him to become the next Hendrix or something. More details and a picture at I am fuel.
- Also at I am fuel is a link to a PJ tour blog that a guy just out of college is doing for Spin. So let me get this straight – this guy's first "real" job is touring the country on someone else’s dime, going to PJ concerts for free, probably getting paid a salary as well and all he has to do is blog about it? I must have missed the job postings like that when I graduated college. Jealousy is a bitch.

SETLIST: Hard To Imagine, Severed Hand, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Evacuation, Corduroy, I'm Open, I Am Mine, I Got Id, Daughter, Light Years, Even Flow, Green Disease, You Are, U, Who You Are, Why Go

ENCORE 1: Comatose, Sad, Given To Fly, Come Back, Grievance, Black, Rearviewmirror
ENCORE 2: No More (Eddie solo), Last Kiss, Crazy Mary, Alive, All Along The Watchtower, Yellow Ledbetter

No comments: