Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Monday, January 28, 2008
Friday, January 25, 2008
- This week, the lineup for Harley-Davidson’s 105th Anniversary summerfest in Milwaukee was released as well and gives Coachella a run for their money.
- Of Montreal covers M.I.A.’s “Jimmy and You Ain’t No Picasso has it for your enjoyment.
- Tapes ‘n Tapes’ new album, Walk It Off is due out on April 8th. P-Fork has an interview with TnT frontman Josh Grier. To wet your whistle, check out the You Ain’t No Picasso post from August with live versions of two of the tracks.
- More new album news. Let’s Sexy Fighting has the title track from Hot Chip’s latest, Made in the Dark set for a Feb 5th release.
- I'm not a big Arcade Fire fan, but I do recognize the fact that almost everyone else is. They've released a short film for "Black Mirror" and also the song's individual parts (i.e. drums, acappella). Gorilla vs. Bear provides the links.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
Apparently fans up in Green Bay are cut from a different cloth, where it was a tit bit nippley for yesterday's NFC Championship game. Single-digit temperatures didn't keep the Bikini Girls away. These ladies are rough - they're rough and tough. Hopefully the fans around them wore some protective eye gear. It's all fun and games until someone gets poked in the eye. Next stop for these ladies? You guessed it - Girls Gone Wild.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
It kills me that I missed Band of Horses come through DC not once, not twice, but three times in the past six months. Believe it not, prior engagements kept me from attending any and all of them. To make matters worse, the LOML has become a bit obsessed with Ben Bridwell and the boys. One day she rotated between Cease to Begin and Everything All the Time for probably eight straight hours and then made a fuss when I finally cut it off (needless to say, one of the albums "found" its way back into the CD player when I went to the bathroom). And the final dagger was that RatBat Bear scored FRONT ROW tickets to their upcoming show in State College, PA courtesy of his better half. Lucky bastard!
- Okkervil River released Golden Opportunities, an album of live covers that is only available for download on their website. Thanks to Metro D for dropping the K.
- Artic Monkeys covered Amy Winehouse's "You Know I'm No Good" and it's over on Let's Sexy Fighting. Not bad.
- Word is that Coachella (the west coast version) will announce this year's lineup on Monday. I'd assume it would be done through it's website.
Friday, January 18, 2008
- Check out the interesting piece on mtv.com about the Brooklyn music scene with comments from Yeasayer, Grizzly Bear and more.
- Did you miss Radiohead's gig on radiohead.tv Wednesday night? If so, NME has the videos posted.
- Butter Team discusses the Walkmen's new album with frontman, Hamilton Leithauser and posted some tracks from it as well.
- Coachella may be putting together a festival for the east coast to enjoy this year. Possibly NY or NJ in August as reported by Perezhilton.com... my fingers won't let me link that trashy site, so I'll link the release on NME.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Friday, January 11, 2008
It's a different story for the LOML, though. She digs on all of that big time - can't get enough of it. If you want to see someone blow through the latest Us magazine while hitting up an all-day marathon of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" and during commercial breaks clicking through Perez Hilton on the web, come to our house on a weekend. It truly is a sight to see.
- Trent Reznor... some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth is clearly douche-esque. But he actually put out a sensible, well thought-out and most importantly, understandable post on his website about the music industry today. Thanks to Metro D for the K.
- Belle and Sebastian covered Dinosaur Jr.'s "Freak Scene" and You Ain't No Picaso provides the link as well as a video of their Van Halen "Jump" cover.
- I am fuel continues her Pearl Jam obsession with demos from Eddie Vedder's Into the Wild soundtrack.
- A double-shot from I am fuel. The Black Crowes new album Warpaint is out March 4th - their first single, "Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution" is out now.
- The first round of confirmations for this year's Coachella are out now and Ultra 8201 is on the case.
- Daytrotter has a 4-song live set from Rogue Wave with an unreleased track. Good stuff!
- Hot Chip
- Mountain Goats
- The Hives
- Black Mountain
- Jose Gonzalez
- Black Crowes
- The Dodos
- Yeasayer (w. MGMT)
- Black Keys
- George Clinton & the P-Funk
Radiohead sure knows how to dangle the carrot in front of us effectively. The other day they released just the cities they'd be hitting on the North American leg(s) of their tour. Now there are venues and dates rumored, which includes August stops at Citizens Bank Park, Fenway Park, Grant Park and Giants Stadium. Don't get too excited yet - according to MOKB, these are questionable.
Monday, January 7, 2008
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
. Monday - Velvet Revolver
Late Show w/David Letterman
. Wednesday - Check Prophet
Late Late Show w/Craid Ferguson
. Monday - RZA
. Tuesday - Rogue Wave
. Friday - Spoon
Friday, January 4, 2008
- Last week they teased us with a video, this week they give us a little more. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds have posted the title track from their upcoming album DIG, LAZARUS, DIG on their website. Also, April 8th has been announced as the US release date. Rockin'!
- NME has two short videos of pretty funny interviews with QOTSA.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Laughable comment from the Houston Chronicle article - "Dane Cook is funny at times but 7 hours would require hard drugs."