Saturday, September 18, 2010

The summer of hip-hop


It only took 33+ years, but with my first rap/hip-hop concert finally under my belt, I got to thinking how much of that goodness I listened to this summer. Even with quality releases from The Black Keys, the National, Arcade Fire, Ray LaMontagne and Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, I still found myself listening to more and more rap and hip-hop. And it was hard not to, with Eminem, the Roots, Big Boi, Reflection Eternal (Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek) and Janelle Monae dropping some serious bombs this summer. My favorite cuts? Start with a litle "No Love" by Eminem and Lil' Wayne, add a dash of Big Boi's "Tangerine"(featuring T.I. & Khujo Goodie) with a twist of Janelle Monae & Big Boi's "Tightrope" and you have the beginning of a sweet ass good time.

No comments: