Friday, February 20, 2009

Hooray Friday!

- Check out Shearwater perform four songs as part of NPR's Tiny Desk Concert series. Last year's Rook got a lot of high praise, but not from this guy... just couldn't get into them.

- From another concert series, this one over at P-fork. the Hold Steady performs four diddies on Don't Look Down.

- I thought I had figured out our newly installed DVR, but woke up last Sunday AM to find that SNL hadn't recorded (stupid technology). Initially, I was bummed because I wanted to see TV on the Radio perform... especially since they dissed DC in their first set of tour dates. I later saw on quite a few sites/blogs that they sounded like dung, apparently due to SNLs union fetish. Then the world got a little better when I caught their interview/performance later in the week on The Colbert Report. And then the coup de grace... another round of tour dates, this time with DC getting some love. Ahhhh.

- Listen to Antony and the Johnsons perform three songs on MPR's The Current.

No comments: