Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Get your candy here!

All Hallows' Eve... as a kid it doesn't get much better than people giving out free candy. I think I did the trick-or-treat thing until I graduated high school. As a junior and senior, I remember my friends and I getting strange looks from people as we walked up to their houses. Just put candy in my sack sucker! Please.

The Washington Post has an article today about the best and worst of Halloween candy. Kit Kats, Hersheys, Three Musketeers - YEAH!!! Mary Janes, raisins, peanuts and pennies - BOO!!! People need to take some pride in what they give out for Halloween. If you're going to give out shitty candy, you might as well turn off your lights and lock your door because you're wasting kids' valuable candy gathering time. I guess people like that were never kids themselves.

This is the first year since moving out of my parents' house (almost 10 years ago) that I don't live in an apartment or condo - so the door actually opens up to the outside world, not a hallway. Tonight the light will be on at Casa de Gus and Milky Ways and Three Musketeers are on the menu. Holla!

No comments: