Saturday, January 19, 2008

Band of Horses - Morning Becomes Eclectic

[flickr]

I was going to include this in the week’s recap, but figured that these guys deserve a post all to themselves...

It kills me that I missed Band of Horses come through DC not once, not twice, but three times in the past six months. Believe it not, prior engagements kept me from attending any and all of them. To make matters worse, the LOML has become a bit obsessed with Ben Bridwell and the boys. One day she rotated between Cease to Begin and Everything All the Time for probably eight straight hours and then made a fuss when I finally cut it off (needless to say, one of the albums "found" its way back into the CD player when I went to the bathroom). And the final dagger was that RatBat Bear scored FRONT ROW tickets to their upcoming show in State College, PA courtesy of his better half. Lucky bastard!

I came across an interview/set from Morning Becomes Eclectic on KCRW while browsing around the NPR website. Yeah it’s from September but better late than never, right? I’m actually listening to it right now and it’s just what the doctor ordered for a Saturday morning (almost afternoon). Anyway, there are some diddies from both albums and listening to it makes me regret not seeing these shaggy bastards in concert even more (and makes me envy RBB more too). Plus it has an interview with Bridwell sprinkled through the performance. He's is just like you’d imagine he would be from his looks and music – cool and down to earth. Not many people could pull off a beard like that, but Ben does it well and entertains the hell out of us at the same time.

No comments: