Friday, January 11, 2008

Hooray Friday!

- Interesting Beck interview from the late-90s on An Aquarium Drunkard. I go back and forth on Beck's music, but I've come to the conclusion that I really need to be in the mood to listen to his stuff. If I'm not, he annoys the shit out of me.

- Trent Reznor... some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth is clearly douche-esque. But he actually put out a sensible, well thought-out and most importantly, understandable post on his website about the music industry today. Thanks to Metro D for the K.

- Belle and Sebastian covered Dinosaur Jr.'s "Freak Scene" and You Ain't No Picaso provides the link as well as a video of their Van Halen "Jump" cover.

- I am fuel continues her Pearl Jam obsession with demos from Eddie Vedder's Into the Wild soundtrack.

- A double-shot from I am fuel. The Black Crowes new album Warpaint is out March 4th - their first single, "Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution" is out now.

- The first round of confirmations for this year's Coachella are out now and Ultra 8201 is on the case.

- Daytrotter has a 4-song live set from Rogue Wave with an unreleased track. Good stuff!

No comments: