Wednesday, April 23, 2008

David Simon comes correct

I know, it’s been almost two months since HBO ripped yet another great show away from us. But this is worth reliving the pain fans of The Wire felt when "the best show on television” went off of the air - for the simple reason that it'll make that hamster in your dome piece work a little harder than it normally does.

David Simon, The Wire’s creator and executive producer, wrote an article in The Huffington Post after the series finale just to make sure everyone caught the underlying story of the fifth season. I’ll be honest - when my brother-in-law sent me this, it took a few reads for it all to sink in. If you haven’t already guessed, this Simon guy is one smart SOB who definitely has a way with words. “Crown me up and kneel, ya bitches.” Well said, Mr. Simon – hope you don’t mind if I borrow that one next time I'm feeling saucy.

No comments: