Saturday, April 19, 2008

Record Store Day - TODAY!!!



I guess I've been extremely lazy over the past few weeks, because I just dug into this one. Today (Saturday) is Record Store Day. Not sure who put this sucker together, but hell, putting the spotlight on the independent record retailer isn't a bad thing. I'll be honest, I'm as guilty as the next guy as it's been quite awhile since I've been in an independent record store. I'm sure I could come up with a bunch of lame excuses, but who wants to read that crap?

Instead, take a look at the official website, which has a listing of participating stores. Several artists are also planning exclusive releases to include Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks, Vampire Weekend, Death Cab and the Black Keys. Sprinkle some in-store performances, contests and freebies and BAM, next thing you know it'll be time to start tying one on at the local watering hole. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy 4-20...much love...the bear...not really, the bear's sister...but the bear would appreciate 4-20