Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hooray Friday!

Sorry for the late post, but I got sucker punched at the bar last night. Okay, I had no plans to do this last night anyway, but I figured I'd use the black eye and split lip I'm now sporting to my advantage.

- My Morning Jacket covered The Velvet Underground's "Head Held High" at SXSW and An Aquarium Drunkard has the video.

- Feist and The Constantines got together and gave us their take on the "Islands in the Stream". I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan. But it's a free country - take a listen for yourself at I am fuel.

- Eddie Vedder, you tease! Everyone knows he's going to be great live... including him. So he only schedules seven dates. And doesn't even venture away from the West Coast. But thanks to I am fuel, you can stream/download his Berkely concert and read a detailed review.

- Three times a charm for I am fuel. Tracks and a review from the Springsteen concert in San Jose.

- I am fuel had a busy week. The National covered the Boss' "Mansion of the Hill". Yes please.

- Speaking of the National, A Skin, A Night is their DVD to be released on May 20th. Ultra 8201 teases us with the trailer.

- NPR's All Songs Considered previews the upcoming releases. And from the looks and sounds of it, it's going to be a good Spring.

- Check out Tapes 'n Tapes performing "Hang Them All" on Conan this week. I need to dig into Walk It Off statim. Only 2 weeks until their concert at the 9:30 Club - hells yeah!

- Vote for the greatest rock 'n roll band ever. Cool concept, poor execution. NME has taken on task, but it's too time consuming. How many bands are there to rank? When I was asked to rate Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band, I called it quits.

No comments: