Friday, September 26, 2008

Hooray Friday!

- New music:
  • Ryan Adams and the Cardinals, numerous tracks, Cardinology (Oct 28), I am Fuel and Bag of Songs
  • Vampire Weekend, "Ottoman," Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist soundtrack (out now), Stereogum
  • Ray Lamontagne, "Meg White," Gossip In the Grain (Oct 14), Stereogum
  • The Killers, "Human," Day & Age (Nov 25), Stereogum
- Eddie Vedder covered Nick Cave's "Ship Song" and NIN's "Hurt" while soloing it in Chicago. Still bummed I missed him when he came through DC (ironically, the LOML and I were in Chicago). Anywho, have a listen to both at I am Fuel.

- If you couldn't make it to the Austin City Limits music Festival, but still want to peek in from time to time in the comfort of your own home, bounce over to the AT&T Blue Room. The schedule includes Vampire Weekend, Hot Chip, Yeasayer, The Fratellis, Drive-By Truckers, Against Me!, The Raconteurs and Okkervil River just to name a few.

- Bon Iver played a 3-song set in NPR's World Cafe.

- I had to include this after my admission the other week that my first CD was the Batman soundtrack. Spike has the 10 worst songs that hit #1. And at #9... "Batdance" by Prince. Oiy.

No comments: