- It sounds like "a porn star' name" - Tony Kornheiser of The Washington Post and ESPN's Pardon the Interruption
- "I guess 'Tod the Rod' didn’t test well in focus groups." - Comment on Balloon Juice blog
- "I wanna play in Pitts – burgh, P.A." - Comment on same blog, in keeping with the whole Village People theme (hey, it could be the new Steelers fight song)
- "Seriously, do we really need to name the mascot the way an 8-year-old names his hermit crab? Look, ma! It's Pinchy McShell" or "Look, it's Hermie McCrab!" - from Kissing Suzie Kolber blog
and my personal favorite:
- "That's not such a bad name, although I would have gone with Sir Craven Dicken-Balz."
Thanks to Deadspin for the side-by-side comparison.