Friday, August 3, 2007

Horray Friday!

I've been slacking a little in the research area this week because of the crack-like game that RatBat Bear posted last week. I also unexpectedly lost the free internet at my place on Wednesday, which was quite a bummer.

- I am fuel, you are friends is a Pearl Jam freak. If you're ever looking for some PJ goodness, check her blog first. She recently posted some unreleased demos here.

- For all of you Pink Floyd fans out there, Aquarium Drunkard posted some diddies from the Zabriskie Point session here. What's a Zabriskie you ask? Sorry, I'm not enough of a Floyd fan to know... or care.

- Same blog, different topic. Johnny Depp has signed on to tackle the role of Hunter S. Thomson again in the adaptation of Thompson's first novel The Rum Diary. That should be a hoot. "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" came out when I was in college and I remember how cool and crazy I thought it was. My friends and I always talked about doing our own "Fear and Loathing" trip at some point. Luckily we never got around to it. If we had, you probably wouldn't be enjoying this blog. Read more about Depp as Thompson here.

- Check out some new Jose Gonzalez ear candy on his MySpace page. His new album In Our Nature comes out on Sept. 25 and has already scheduled a handful of tour dates.

- Can't do Lollapalooza in Chi-town this weekend? Me neither. BUT, the AT&T blue room is here to help, streaming acts all weekend. Check out the schedule on the above link, but beware... air times are in Central. Looks like there are some good ones on tap.

No comments: