Friday, June 22, 2007

Hooray Friday!


- Arcade Fire and LCD Soundsystem apparently will be touring together this fall (credit to Product Shop NYC). Only a Red Rocks date (Sept 17) has been announced, but expect more to follow. I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into Arcade Fire. I know I'm one of the few, and I'm sure I'll take some heat for making that statement - but, so be it.

*** UPDATE - A Hollywood, CA show (Sept 20) has been added on the Arcade Fire website. The tour is supposed to run through the beginning of October.

- The White Stripes played a "secret" show in LA for which fans, according to An Aquarium Drunkard, sat out for 4 DAYS! Are you kidding me? If people in LA don't have anything better to do for 4 days than sit out and wait for a concert, I'm moving there ASAP. Also, whoever was in charge of keeping the concert of a secret did a pretty shitty job and should probably be fired.

- Stream the new Beastie Boys album The Mix Up (June 26) through Brooklyn Vegan. This bad boy is all instrumental.

- Yeah Yeah Yeahs have a new EP/DVD, Is Is (July 24). Give "Down Boy" a listen at Filter-Mag and "Rockers to Swallow" at Product Shop NYC.

- Interpol videos from their new album, Our Love to Admire (July 10) from ultra8201 here.


No comments: